Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weddings: Jessica & Toby

As I was making the drive up to my hometown of Pine City, MN for a wedding this past Saturday, I couldn't resist channeling Alanis Morissette and belting out the lyrics, "it's like ra-i-ai-nnn on your wedding day!".  I've been singing lots of songs with the word "rain" in them this spring, mostly "rain, rain, go away"...and also too many songs with the word "snow" in them.  I have no business singing "White Christmas" in April.  Oh well, at least the mosquitos aren't out yet!

Jessica and Toby were married on a rainy day at the Lighthouse Church in Pine City but the weather certainly wasn't dampening anyone's spirits. There were many thoughtful and personal touches throughout the day.  Like when Toby delivered a wedding day gift to his bride before the ceremony.  Note to all grooms: Bride + Wedding Day Gift = Melt into a puddle.  Then, to my surprise (and utter thrill) the church doors opened after the ceremony to sunny, blue skies.  A good day!

Here's a preview of some of the love and fun from Jessica and Toby's big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment