Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weddings: Troy & Nicole

I remember the day before Troy & Nicole's wedding day well.  Most likely because it was raining and the weekend forecast was giving me anxiety.  I was crossing my fingers and toes for those clouds to dry up. The morning of the wedding it wasn't raining but the clouds were definitely taunting me. It was chilly and overcast but all of that melted away when I stepped into the church. It was Troy and Nicole's wedding day!  And rain or shine it was going to be a beautiful day.  They are an absolutely stunning couple, and the details of their wedding were elegant and thoughtful. 

It's always an honor documenting a couple beginning a new chapter in their lives.  One of the things I love about photographing weddings is that you could shoot 100 weddings in the same location and have 100 completely different experiences.  Weddings have so many constants: a bride, a groom, a wedding party, a family, bouquets, suits, vows...but the style, the vibe, is always unique, because the people are different.  And it's the people involved that make the experience all that it is and all that it can be, from the planning stages to the last dance of the night.  Thanks, Troy and Nicole, for making it your own, and making it beautiful!




 Between rain sprinkles I did talk Troy and Nicole into taking some outdoor photos.  Hopefully they weren't too upset with me.  We made our way back in when Nicole's goose bumps started getting goose bumps.






 These two cracked each other up and were so much fun.



 I love the glance the father of the bride is giving the mother of the bride as he's giving their daughter away.
 I've always been a sucker for taking pictures of people taking pictures. It's my favorite. :)
 The ceremony was held at the Incarnation Lutheran Church in Shoreview




 The reception was held down the street from the church at the Kozlak Royal Oak Restaurant. It was a gorgeous space decorated beautifully. 



 Troy's got that "luckiest guy in the room" look while he's taking in his bride. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment